Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Living art

Wow!  Art from nature is amazing.  Every once in a while I find something that I think would be great for designing an eco-friendly and highly artistic house - I've recently run into two of them.

The first came to me from friend and colleague Shirley.  It's a couple who creates art with living trees.  Not only is their art a growing, living plant - but their outdoor furniture is as well.  Find more images at pooktre.com.  They even have a tree made into a chair.  Thanks Shirley!




















The next piece of nature art I found in Hobby Farms Magazine.  I have a subscription - love it.  But it's usually not about design, it's about chickens and goats and farm equipment.  This time I found this beautifully inspiring design for your home (if any of us could afford it - I'm sure I can't) - but it's beautiful none the less!


It's a beehive for your window.  Imagine.  I would love to be able to watch the bees and then harvest the honey.  You can find out more about their project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment