Thursday, April 19, 2012

Starting the spring harvest

Well, it's been a long long time since I've blogged.  Between work, family, and getting ready for the spring planting I just haven't found the time.  I must put up pictures of the squash plants, which are going crazy, and the basil and everything else I've had to replant into larger pots while they wait to go into the garden.  Not to mention the 52 lettuce plants I planted outside already.  But today I will post a picture of the first spring vegetable harvest.  While we have been harvesting herbs for a while now, radishes are the first spring veggies to be ready.  These were put on salad:


I never thought I liked radishes until last year when I planted some seeds given to me by my daughter.  I enjoyed them so much that I bought 9 different types of heirloom radishes.  The fall harvest didn't go well at all - a single daikon was all I got.  But so far this spring it's looking pretty good.  I mix the seeds and just sprinkle on top of the ground, so I don't know what these guys are for sure, but they look like french breakfast.  And they were very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment